McGill Entrepreneurs Society (MES) is the ultimate stop for entrepreneurial activities at McGill University and the city of Montreal. We are a student-run society that engages alumni, local and global entrepreneurs and investors as well.
Our mission is to:
- Promote entrepreneurship within McGill University, catalyze entrepreneurial activity within the university
- Support student entrepreneurs of McGill University, enable collaborations between student entrepreneurs in different faculties by acting as the main communication channel
- Support entrepreneurs of the Montreal community, help them find talent and investment
- Connect Montreal’s entrepreneurial community with McGill’s entrepreneurial community
- Encourage entrepreneurially minded students to start new ventures and support them along the way
We organize events like:
McGill Startup Career Fair
- McGill Startup Fair takes place on second week of February every year.
- The event aims to connect successful startups in North America with McGill students for career purposes.
- It’s a great opportunity to network with successful startup companies and even get recruited!
- There is no dress code for the event.
- The Thinkathon is a weekend-long hackathon (where people pitch their ideas to public and assemble teams to work on them) with a business mindset. Students with entrepreneurial mindset are encouraged to pitch their idea, form a team and then work on it during a weekend.
- All the presented ideas are submitted to McGill’s Dobson Cup Entrepreneurship Competition.
- The event takes place in March of every year.
- Startup Cocktails aims to bring entrepreneurs, investors and students together.
- Every event has a theme that addresses the entrepreneurial community’s issues. (i.e. founder matching is a problem, thus “speed dating for entrepreneurs)
- Executive team members should make new entries in the talent database during this event.
- Startup Cocktails usually takes place beginning of every semester.